Disney has a fantastic FREE service for all of their resort guests. This service is called Magical Express. Disney’s Magical Express is complimentary transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport for all Walt Disney World Resorts guests. Here is how the service works.
1.Book your magical Walt Disney World vacation and make reservations to stay ON property.
2. Tell your travel agent that you will be flying into the Orlando International Airport. Your flight information isn’t necessary at this time but do let your travel agent know your airline and flight numbers as soon as you have made those arrangements. That information will be added to your reservation.
3. Be on the lookout for your Disney’s Magical Express luggage tags to come with your travel documents. This is typically about 2 weeks prior to your vacation. Check the tags for accuracy. Misspellings aren’t a big deal but it should have your name and the resort at which you are staying. Place these tags on ALL checked luggage at your home airport.
4. When you arrive in Orlando, SKIP baggage claim and follow the signs directing you downstairs to the pick up area. Have your Magical Express documents handy. They will be shown at this time or simply scan your Magic Band (that thing really is magical).
5.Get in line for the bus corresponding with your resort. Enjoy the ride! There is even a fun video for you to watch on the way…sorta helps to build the excitement about your upcoming vacation.
6. When you get to your resort, check in and leave any carry on bags at bell services if your room isn’t ready yet. Don’t worry about your other pieces of luggage. it will magically arrive in your room a few hours later…but again that is a few hours so keep anything you’ll need right away in your carry on bag.
For your return trip-
1. Look for an envelope from Magical Express a day before your departure. They usually slide it under your door. This will give your a pick up time for your return trip. Plan on it being about 3 hours before your flight.
2. Check out of the resort and in for your flight and check your bags AT the resort. Handy. Handy. Handy, I tell you.
3. Let bell services hold your carry on bags while you get in a few more hours of play before your flight.
4. Have your Magical Express documents ready for the driver at pick up time. Remember they will take care of your luggage for you if you checked it at your resort. Unfortunately, you will have to pick it up at baggage claim when you get to your home airport. It won’t magically show up at your house. Darn it.
There you have it. The ins and outs of Disney’s Magical Express. One other note, yes- it is customary (but not required) to tip the driver. I recommend doing it each way as you probably won’t have the same driver for both rides.